Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dove Bar Soap Deal @ Walgreens

I have not been able to confirm this deal personally, but it's too good not to mention!

I was able to do this deal twice today, and it worked like a charm!

The 3.15 oz. Dove Beauty Bar Soap is regularly priced at $1.39. There is an in-ad coupon this week on page 9 of the weekly ad making them .99. Coupon says "Limit 3".

There is an unadvertised Dove Register Reward that is printing for this item:

Buy 4, get $2 RR
Buy 6, get $6 RR
Buy 8, get $8 RR

HOWEVER!!! People are reporting that a $10 RR is printing when you buy 8.

Additionally, the coupon says "Limit 3". Registers at different stores do different things, so it may limit you to 3 or it may make all 8 just .99.

I can't promise you how it would for you, but here are some scenarios:

Scenario #1: (WORST CASE)

3 bars @ .99
5 bars @ 1.39
Pay $8.93
Get $8 RR
Final Price: .93 for 8 bars

Scenario #2:

8 bars @ .99
Pay $7.92
Get $8 RR
Final Price: .08 PROFIT

Scenario #3:

3 bars @ .99
5 bars @ 1.39
Pay $8.93
Get $10 RR
Final Price: $1.07 PROFIT

Scenario #4: (BEST CASE)

8 bars @ .99
Pay $7.92
Get $10 RR
Final Price: $2.08 PROFIT

As long as the RR prints, it's a good deal however it ends up calculated. I'll be doing it tomorrow, and I'll let you know how it turns out for me!

UPDATE: I got all eight bars for .99 and received a $10 RR! Nice!

Thanks to Erin and A Full Cup for all the details!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have done this deal 6 times today already. You pay tax so its slightly less of a money maker but still a GREAT deal. I used 2 of my $3.50 Colgate RRs on each transaction and paid $1.44 from my money card and got the $10 RR.

The Tildy Spot said...

I just looked at the weekly ad online and didn't see what you were referring to. Might it vary in different parts of the country?