Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You Had Me At "Kroger"

Do you remember the little jingle "Let's go Krogering, the better way to shop!"

Moving on...Kroger is my favorite grocery store.

You do need a membership card to get most deals and sale prices. Sign up at the customer service desk for free and get a card instantly.

While you're there, ask about your store's coupon policies. Every region is different--very different--so ask these questions:

Do you double or triple coupons? If so, to what maximum amount?
How many of the same coupon will be doubled or tripled?
Do you accept internet printable coupons?
Can I combine store coupons and manufacturer’s coupons?
Do you have a coupon limit per transaction or per day?
Who do I contact if I have a problem using coupons in-store?

Shopping at Kroger is pretty basic, but saving at Kroger takes a little planning.

1)There are three "e-coupon" programs that offer coupons you can load to your Kroger card. These savings come off automatically at the register as long as you have purchased the CORRECT qualifying item. Check them out:
2) Register your Kroger card at Kroger's Website so they can mail you store coupons.

3) Buy an Entertainment Book to save even more. I have $5 off $75 purchases every month and one $5 off $50 purchase.

4) Kroger gives out catalina coupons from a separate machine at the register. These may seem random, but they are sparked by your purchases that are kept track of on your Kroger card. Some of these coupons will be for dollars off your next purchase, to be used just like Kroger cash. You can find out what the current catalina deals are offered at the forum sites discussed here.

Different Regions run different ads and at different intervals. Find a local blogger who tells you about your Kroger deals. I am central Mississippi, in Kroger's Southeast Region.

I worked at Kroger for about 6 weeks when I was sixteen. Got paid $4.85 an hour. If I work my deals right, they'll still pay me that much now! :)

3 comments:

T said...

is that all they paid you?! I guess it's not that bad. Mcdonald's paid me 5.15 when I was 15. Now the minimum wage is $7.25. To be a teen nowadays!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for checking out my website at Rockin' Coupon Mommie.

Don't forget about cellfire.com for their E-Coupons. They are loaded to your Kroger card just like the Shortcuts and P&G E-Coupons.

The website has you sign up with your cell phone so they can send you a text message but I've heard several bloggers use their home phone and were able to log in the next day.

Happy shopping! I love my Kroger!

Amy said...

Does Kroger accept printed coupons?