Monday, January 5, 2009

Menu Plan: January 4-11

The extent of my menu planning comes from times when the payday was short and the cabinets/refrigerator were getting bare. I would make a plan to utilize the items I had and make them go as far as I could.

My DH and I were discussing today the benefits of menu planning: more healthful meals, kinder to the budget, less last-minute stress and temptation to run out and "grab something".

I don't really know why I haven't jumped on board before, but here is my first attempt at Menu Planning. My husband works in retail, and closing shifts are 1pm to 11pm. I don't typically cook a family meal on those nights. I spoil indulge my boys with their favorites: pizza, mac & cheese, PBJ, etc.

Monday: Enchiladas

Tuesday: Deer Roast with carrots and potatoes

Wednesday: DH closing @ work

Thursday: Pork Chops with cabbage and mashed sweet potatoes

Friday: DH closing @ work--I'm having Movie Night with my Momma!

Saturday: DH closing @ work

Sunday: Don't have DH's schedule yet, but I'm throwing a baby shower from 2-4pm. Pizza?

No comments: