Saturday, January 3, 2009

CVS Show & Tell (January 3rd)


First CVS transaction of 2009, and I messed up!
Not too bad. It just made my OOP more than it would usually be.

3 Listerine Agent Cool Blue Mouthrinses
$3.99 Each (Sale Price ends today)
Used (3) $1 IP coupons (No longer available)
Earns $3 ECB's each (January Monthly ECB--Limit 5)

2 Olay Regenerist Cleansers @ B1G1 50% off
$7.99 & $3.99 (Sale Price ends today)
Used $5/2 coupons from a previous insert
Will send off for $15 Gift Card Rebate

Nasogel Nose Spray
$7.99 Regular Price
Earns $7.99 (January Monthly ECB--Limit 2)

20 oz. Dr. Pepper
$1.39 Regular Price
Used FREE item coupon from a previous promotion

I used a $5/$25 coupon from a previous receipt.

Used $2, $2, $5, &$5 ECB's=$14 ECB's

Paid $3.94 OOP

Earned $9 & $7.99 ECB's=$16.99

I also got my $2 ECB from Fall Quarter's Spending
Got a FREE Hershey bar coupon
Got another $5/$25 purchase coupon

Here was my mistake (and the result of poor planning and too much procreation! LOL!) :

The 50% off of the second Olay Cleanser didn't come off until after all the coupons and ECB's. I had given the cashier too many ECB's at that point. It made my balance negative by $2.61. I knew the total seemed off, but I wasn't paying enough attention because my two-year-old has lost his mind. Usually if my balance comes up negative, it's just by a smidge and I'll get a candybar. Since the negative amount was more substantial, I wanted to use it for good. So I ran and got the Nasogel, which was not in my original scenario. (Yes, we could have voided the whole thing and redone it. Nothing wrong with that, I just didn't want to.) Basically, I'm out 95 cents for all this and I'll be getting a $15 gift card from Olay!

2 comments:

T said...

Awesome deals!I miss cvs, and it has only been a few days, lol. I seem to miss out on all the good deal because I am not prepared and by the time I get prepared the week is over or the item is out of stock(and I tell myself I will check another store later in the week so I don't get a raincheck).

Corrie at "Cents"able Momma said...

Since your "impulse" purchase was a moneymaker after your coupon, I think you did ok :-). Great trip!

I got a negative the other night, too, since the free Dawn didn't come off for about 30 seconds after she was done ringing me up. I then selected to use too much ECB's. I didn't think to buy a filler. She voided the whole thing and started over (and gave me back my ECB's and I gave her another one). I'm a bit worried that the ECB's that she gave back won't work when I go to use it.