Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kroger September 29--74 Cents OOP

Repeat after me: "I am allowed to buy steak."


Yes, you read right. Just because we are being frugal and thrifty doesn't mean we can't enjoy the things we love. I made a total profit of $18.51 for buying Glade, so I decided that my husband and I could have a steak for dinner last night. We LOVE LOVE LOVE steak, and there hasn't been any in my home for months. It wasn't a fancy expensive steak, just a sirlion, but it was DELICIOSO!


Here's what my trip to Kroger yesterday looked like:




$9.90 (10) 4-packs of Cottonelle Toilet Paper
$1.98 12-pack Pop-Tarts
$2.00 (2) Land O Lakes Buttery Taste Spread
$7.26 Sirlion Steak
$2.50 3 lb. bag of Apples
$2.99 5 lb. bag of Potatoes
$2.49 3 lb. bag of Onions
$1.00 loaf of Bread


Coupons used:


(10) 50 cents off any Cottonelle TP from 8/24 SmartSource Insert (My region did not receive this coupon, I ordered them from The Coupon Clippers. See details here.)--DOUBLED
(2) 30 cents off Land O Lakes Buttery Taste Spread from 9/7 SmartSource--DOUBLED
(10) $2 off next order coupons from Glade Deal


Paid 74 cents Out-of-Pocket


My savings was $40.92. My savings were over 100% because the $2 off next order coupons actually paid some of the tax.

I still have $4 left from my all my Glade moneymaking and I earned another 75 cents off my next order coupon for buying more Land O Lakes.

3 comments:

Gator Mommy said...

So you're the one that bought all the TP coupons from Coupon Clippers! Ha Ha. And I thought that I did good yesterday with my week of groceries for only $39- Savings of 53%. I bow to the master! Your going to have to let me in on the secrets early this week.

Alicia said...

You need to teach me how to shop like this!!!!! Seriously... I had no idea you could save so much!!!

Jennifer said...

That is very impressive! Way to go!