This recipe is so simple and the best thing about it is that it is completely SUBSTITUTABLE! You can use any meat, any veggie, any cheese that you have on hand. There's also no measuring required!
Here are the ingredients I used and their costs with sales and coupons:
Precooked chopped chicken : approx. 75 cents (I used 2 breasts for 4.5 people)
Cooked or Thawed bag of Frozen Broccoli: FREE
Shredded Cheddar Cheese: approx. 63 cents (I used about half a bag)
Mayo: approx. $1.00 (I used about half a jar)
Crescent Rolls: FREE
Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
Total Meal Cost: about $2.38
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Mix your meat, veggie, cheese, mayo, and seasonings to taste and desired consistency.
3. Place two crescent triangles together at their broadsides. Repeat and overlap the two large triangles as shown.
4. Place filling. (Broccoli not shown in image due to stubborn toddlers.)
5. Pull up the small ends, twist, and lay flat.
6. Repeat with remaining crescents and filling.
7. Bake for 17 minutes or until dough is cooked through and golden brown on top.
Enjoy! (BTW, those pretty little flowers in the background were brought to me by aforementioned stubborn toddlers. Broccoli absence forgiven.)