Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mustard & Meatballs & Tissues, OH MY!

The last two weeks offered the well-famed Kroger Mega Event. Buy 10 participating items, get $5 off your total bill.



There was a Catalina associated with the Armour Meatballs: Buy 4, get $2 OYNO. This is now expired. I combined this with the mega event and the .55 MQ that doubled. I paid .90 for each bag, only .40 each after Catalina value.



STILL GOOD TODAY!:



The tissues are on sale for $1.59. I used the .40 MQ that doubled along with the mega event discount to pay just .29 each.


There is a Catalina associated with the French's Mustard: Buy 2, get $1 OYNO. This is still going on through the 22nd, but it won't be as sweet without the sale price and mega event discount.


Here's the breakdown:



$1.69 Sale Price
- .50 MQ
- .50 DOUBLED MQ
- .50 Mega Event Discount (WYB 10 items)
Pay .19 each
Earn $1 for every 2 you buy
Profit of .31 each

Transaction #1
(I started slow to test the waters...)
Total Paid: $7.40
Total Saved: $33.08 or 84%
Earned $4 OYNO


Transaction #2

Total Paid: $7.97
Total Saved: $54.72 or 90%
Earned $8 OYNO

Transaction #3
Total Paid: $0.73
Total Saved: $23.59 or 100%
Earned $1 OYNO




Transaction #4

Total Paid: $0.17

Total Saved: $61.91 or 103%

Earned $8 OYNO

Transaction #5

Total Paid: $5.95

Total Saved: $57.15 or 93%

Earned $8 OYNO

There's another event going on next week that gives you $3 off when you buy 10 participating items. I know that doesn't sound as good right off the top, but some of the items are cheaper and include coupon matches. I just ordered coupons for Manwich, Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks, and Pillsbury GRANDS! biscuits. I'll be getting out my Ragu coupons along with those for Multigrain & Honey Nut Cheerios. You can check out Nickels-N-Dimes post about it here, but she is from a different region and there will probably be some variances.

1 comment:

Gator Mommy said...

Ok, you weren't joking with the mustard and meatballs!! If our family would have used these things I would have been right there with you. I'm happy that I scored granola bars, salsa and cheese for at least the next six months :)I'm disappointed that I can't find many coupons for the sale this week :( There is always next week. Thanks again for all the tips. Talk to you soon.