Thursday, October 9, 2008

Walgreens October 8th--Operation Christmas Child

Our church hosts a Samaritan's Purse ministry program called "Operation Christams Child" where you fill a shoebox or plastic container with items (toiletries, toys, school supplies, candy) for a little boy or girl in a more deprived area of the world. This program holds a special place in my heart. The first time I did it was 2006. I included notes to the children whose boxes I prepared. Six months later, I received a letter from a little boy in India named Ajay. We've been corresponding ever since, and he is just so sweet!

My Walgreens trip yesterday was for some of the items that will go into shoeoxes for this year's program:



2 Crest Toothpastes
$1.99 sale price
used (2) $1 EasySaver coupons
used (2) $1 MQ's from 9/28 P&G insert

3 Oral-B Indicator Toothbrushes
$1.99 sale price
used (3) $1 EasySaver coupons
used (3) 75 cents off MQ's from 9/28 P&G insert
2 Glade Candles
$1.99 sale price
used (2) $1 MQ's from 9/14 SS insert
will get back $2 in EasySaver rebates

I also got some candy bars because I wanted to pay with a $4.50 RR, but basically I got FREE toothpaste, 24 cent toothbrushes, FREE candles, and CHOCOLATE for $1.18.

No comments: