Thursday, October 9, 2008

CVS October 8th--Great Mascara Deal!

I think I'm done with CVS for the week. I've sucked this sale dry...

L'Oreal Makeup is "B1G1 50% off". This past Sunday's paper had a coupon for $5 off L'Oreal Bare Naturale mascara. It is priced at $9.99.

Here's the scenario I worked out to get mine for $1.34:


1 Herbal Essences Conditioner
$2.88 Sale Price
used $2 Manufacturer's Coupon from 9/7 RP
no ECB's earned

1 CVS Soap
99 cents
no coupon
earns $1 ECB

4 Fuze Drinks
$1.69 each
used (2) B1G1 Free coupons from local gas station tearpad
earns $2 ECB's

2 L'Oreal Bare Natural Mascara
$9.99 (B1G1 50% off)
Used (2) $5 MQ's from 10/05 RP
no ECB's earned

Use $5/$25 purchase coupon.
Used $4.98 ECB's.

Paid $1.34 OOP.
Earned $3 ECB's.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I live in MS too and wondered which CVS you shop at. I shop at the one in Madison and they would not take $/$$ coupons until after all other coupons are used. What about the one you go to?

Mommy Managing said...

I typically shop at the one in Flowood at Dogwood Festival, but I have been to Brandon, Madison, and Pear Orchard. I have not had any problems.

They have no basis for not accepting the $/$$ first, except maybe a bad mood. I would kindly ask to speak to a manager and ask to see something in writing. I read all the fine print on the coupons and have contacted CVS by e-mail regarding their policies. There has never been anything stating that the total has to be after all other coupons. However, a store manager may have the right to determine what his store will do regarding $/$$ coupons. If Madison is consistent about not accepting them first, I would definitely shop elsewhere.